Russian Beetroot Salad
Note: one beet for one serving. So how many beets depends on how much you want to serve.
- 4-5 baked beets
- handful of walnuts (you can replace with pecans but I think walnuts work the best).
- Add 5-7 slightly soaked prunes cut in smaller pieces.
- Add 1-3 Minced garlic glove.
- Cut 1/4 parsley in tiny pieces (I like to add it a lot!).
- Cold-pressed olive oil and sea salt to taste.
How to process:
Bake your 4-5 beets in the oven at the 400 °F for approx. 1-2 hours depending how big the beets are (I use Unbleached Totally Chlorine-Free (TCF) Paper). Use knife or tooth stick to check if they are ready. Of course you can steam the beets but in the oven they will be more flavorful and color is so rich!
Let them cool down and then shred them.
Mix the rest of the ingredients like walnuts, prunes, mines garlic, olive oil and sea salt together.