Green Milky Buckwheat Soup
This soup is very creamy and delicious. And it's a perfect soup for children, pregnant women, athletes because it contains high amount of protein from buckwheat and also you get your greens, too. Also it's a great way to get more greens and healthy oils into the children. Plus this is the 20/80 receipt. And it burns slowly. My son loves buckwheat but with his little teeth it's hard to chew very well so I came to this recipe.
Time: 20-25 minutes (including cooking process)
The ingredients are very simple:
- For green juice: 1/2 cucumber, 2-3 celery sticks, spinach up to 2 cups (optional) 1 cup together
- Almond milk, home-made works the best 1 cup
- Steamed or cooked buckwheat groats 2 cups
- Healthy oils like 3, 6, 9 blend, olive oil, avocado oil
- Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
- Any herbs, greens, veggies & some crunchiness to garnish (Cilantro/parsley/dill/ cherry tomatoes/ sweet potato chips works very well!)
Option: You can do without green juice. Just replace with more almond milk! Very tasty!
First quickly how to cook buckwheat: soak 1 cup buckwheat groats overnight (up to 8 hours or it could be less. Even 1 hour is beneficial), drain, bring to a boil (1 cup buckwheat and 2 cups water). Cook at a simmer over low heat up to 15 minutes (if you soak groats then definitely less than 15 minutes). Put prepared buckwheat into the food processor. Add oil and salt. Make sure buckwheat is not hot because salt and oil will be destroyed. You can not really overdo oil. The more oil the tastier and richer is the soup. Process until it's very smooth. Add green juice how much you like. I like to do a pretty thin consistency to make the soup more alkaline and green. Serve immediately. You can add on top any chopped veggies and herbs. Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, dill and parsley works great. Plus you can experiment with the different spices. And don't forget to add some crunchy stuff! :)