Celery Root Autumn Salad
Note: all ingredients except carrots are raw and alkaline. Carrots are slightly alkaline that's why I include them into 30% of my salad and it seems like it's the best proportion for me!
Serving: 2-4 depends if it's a side dish or a complete meal with some quinoa & avocado on top...Yummm☺
Time: 20-25 minutes (includes steaming process)
Here the ingredients I’m using (you can experiment with the amounts of ingredients - it will be yummy anyway!):
- 1 Medium-sized celery root
- 2-3 steamed for 15-20 minutes carrots
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 4-5 Tbl diced onion)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (it could be chopped but I love to use S-blade to chop it very finely)
- juice of 1/2 lemon (you can use lime but for me it tastes better with lemon )
- Olive oil, Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Lots of love!
Let’s get started!
First steam your carrots for 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime chop parsley (in this case you can use less herb, maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of the bunch) or you can use S-blade for that (I love parsley - that's why I use S-blade to chop it very finely to get even more flavor!).
Peel off the celery root. Shred it but I like to use the food processor with the shred-blade for that.
Shred your carrots! You are almost done!
Mix all together, add Salt, lemon juice, pepper to taste. I like it kind of salty and very lemon. With warm carrots the salad will be a little bit warm and because of the root veggies we are using I call it Celery Root Autumn Salad.Yummm☺