Carob Coconutty Treats
This could be a treat on a alkaline diet. Since everybody knows that sugar is bad for you so if you choose something sweet let's stick to more healthy choices and once in a while:) Let's do chocolates without cacao today. We will be using carob powder instead (no caffein). And it has a little bit different yummy taste. But be careful: keep them in the fridge. Because of the coconut it melts pretty quickly, especially in the hands.
Serving: depends on how much you will like they. But probably up to 10.
Time: up to 10 minutes
Ingredients are very simple:
- Coconut oil 2/3 cups
- Coconut sub sugar 2/3 cups (it has low glycemic index)
- Carob powder 1/2 cup (preferably raw)
- Vanilla extract alkohol-free 1-2 teaspoons
- 1 cup almonds (to make them more alkaline just soak overnight and let them dry completely)
- A pinch of sea salt (very alkaline ingredient)
- Lots of love! – Very important ingredient. Always add it to every meal to boos the taste of the final product☺
Note: experiment with the level of sweetness. Maybe you just don't need these gays to be so sweet:)
Directions: First we need to melt coconut oil. You can use low heat in the oven. Then add all the ingredients except almonds, mix well. Better if you use a blender. Stir in your almonds.Pour into the forms that you have (even forms for ice will work or glass bowl with even bottom).. Put in freezer to harden for up to 1.5 hours. Cut if needed & enjoy!
Attention: Don’t tell anyone where you are going to keep the rest of your desserts!!!:)